Game Overview > FAQ
- 1. What is Shaiya?
- Shaiya is an award-winning Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game (MMORPG) where players can play the game with thousands of gamers at the same time. Players can socialize and play with each other in its fantasy world filled with monsters and quests.
- 2. Is this game free?
- Yes! You can play Shaiya as long as you like without spending anything. You can also download the installer for free.
- 3. How many factions are there in Shaiya?
- There are two factions in Shaiya - the Alliance of Light and the Union of Fury. The Alliance of Light is made up of the Humans and the Elves. The Union of Fury is made up of the Vail and the Nordein (Deatheaters).
- 4. How many different Classes are there in Shaiya?
- Each faction has 6 Classes.
Alliance of Light: Ranger, Archer, Fighter, Defender, Mage & Priest.
Union of Fury: Assassin, Hunter, Warrior, Guardian, Oracle & Pagan.
- 5. What is the Alliance of Light and Union of Fury?
- The Alliance of Light and Union of Fury are the two main groups in Shaiya. They battle each other in the Massive Combat System (PvP) to obtain the Blessing of the Goddess. They have separate maps except for the PvP zones. Their maps differ in appearance of the terrain and monstersl.
- 6. Can I switch factions?
- Yes. But you need to delete all of your characters. Your warehouse items, however, will stay the same.
- 7. Can I kill other players anywhere in the map?
- No. You can only kill them in PvP maps. These maps are divided by levels - Level 1-15 PvP zone Proelium Frontier (Borderland), 20-30 pvp zone Cantabilian (Borderland), and a 1-60 pvp (all levels) zone D-Water Borderland (Borderland).
- 8. What is the maximum level? Is there a level cap?
- Maximum is 60 for all modes except for easy mode which is level 30.
- 9. How can I play?
- First, register for an account here. After registering, download the game here.
- 10. I have a question not covered in the FAQs page. Where can I send my question?
- You can try asking your fellow players. Or you can contact our customer service representative on our contact page.
- 12. What are the current servers?
- 13. Can I switch servers?
- No. Your characters, items and unlocked modes stays with the server.
- 14. Is this game in beta?
- The game is in open beta phase.
- 1. What are difficulty modes?
- 2. What are the experience differences between the modes?
- 3. How do I play hard mode? Ultimate mode?
- Start with normal mode. You need reachlevel 40 to unlock Hard Mode. Reach level 40 in Hard Mode to unlock Ultimate Mode. You have to start a new character to play a new mode.
- 4. If I delete my NM character once it reaches level 40, can I still play HM?
- Yes. Hard mode is unlocked for that server only. You won't lose the unlocked mode.
- 5. Is there a best class?
- The classes are all balanced. Pick a class that suits you.
- 6. How do I take screen shot?
- Press the F12 button or Print Screen on your keyboard. This will save a screenshot of your game window into your Shaiya installed folder in the ‘Screenshots’ sub-folder.
- 7. How do I hide the User Interface while in game?
- Press [F11]. You can also press [F10] to go into First Person view.
- 8. Are there pets?
- No. There are mounts for each class at level 40 except the event reindeer which can be used at level 28.
- 9. How do you buy or sell things to other players?
- You can set up a shop at your main city. (Apulune/Iris)
- 10. What will happen if my character dies?
- You may lose up to 5% of EXP. When in PVP, you can lose equipment. In very rare cases, you can lose equipped items.
- 11. I'm stuck. What can I do?
- Use the command /return and try not to move. This will teleport you to the nearest respawn point. You may also use the skill Town Portal. When doing this, try not to move too!
- 12. Where can I find help for quests?
- You can try asking your fellow Shaiya players or the Shaiya GMs.
- 13. How do I build my character?
- You can try asking your fellow Shaiya players or the Shaiya GMs.
- 14. What is AoE?
- Area of Effect. It means hitting/killing a group of monsters or people at once.
- 15. How do I get a mount?
- You can buy a mount for 11 million at level 40. You need to buy the mount at the Ride Merchant. In Apulune, you can buy the mount in the ride merchant is in Stardust Knights section. Take a right in Iris.
- 16. What is the Goddess Blessing?
- The bar on the bottom right shows the amount of blessing of your entire faction. Mouse over the bar to see the benefits of having a half-bless, ¾ bless and full bless.
- 17. How do you increase the Goddess Blessing?
- Killing members of the opposite faction in PvP increases blessing. Destroying or holding relics in the PvP zones also increases blessing.
- 18. How do I create a guild?
- Go to the Guild Master in Keolloseu/Gliter.
- 19. Why can’t I join a guild?
- You can’t join a guild if you are in easy mode or have joined a guild in the last 3 days.
- 20. How do I establish a guild?
- You need to make a party with 7 people with the guild leader as the party leader. Everyone cannot be in Easy Mode. Only the leader has to be level 11 or higher. Everyone has to be in map 1 near the Guild Master when the guild is created. Take note of the name restrictions too.
- 21. How do you upgrade equipment?
- You can link lapis to your slotted equipment with a Blacksmith to upgrade equipment. You can increase your chances of linking with a linking hammer from the item mall. Do so at your own risk.
- 22. Where do you get lapis and slotted equipment?
- You get level 1-4 lapis from monsters in PvP zones. Monsters in dungeons also drop slotted equipment.
- 23. What is noble, worship, heroic, etc?
- 1 slot = noble, 2 slots = worship, 3 = heroic, 4 = dread, 5 = legend, 6 = goddess. Normal Mode can wear up to dread. Hard Mode can wear up to legend. Ultimate Mode can wear up to goddess.
- 24. What happens if you fail when trying to link lapis?
- Your lapis will break. Some of the lapis break equipment as well. Level 1-5, elemental lapis, and dual lapis don’t break equipment.
- 25. How do I make sure that equipment doesn’t break when upgrading?
- There is a lucky charm in the item mall that prevents equipment from breaking.
- 26. How do I extract lapis?
- Use the blacksmith. Warning: the blacksmith will extract ALL of the LAPIS in the item. Use an extraction hammer from the item mall to remove one at a time.
- 27. What is the difference between a GM and a W?
- A GM (Game Master) is the one who is the authority of the community. He/she maintains the balance of the game. A W (Warden) is a community volunteer position. Only GMs have disciplinary powers.
- 28. How do you store gold?
- You can't store gold. You need to transfer it to a friend you trust by trading. You may also buy gold bars for around 180,000,000 each and sell it to players in-game.
- 29. What is the bank for?
- This is where the GMs will give you rewards.
- 1. Does Shaiya run on Mac OS or Linux?
- 2. I cannot log into my account. What should I do now?
- Make sure that you are typing your AMPED account correctly and not your character name. AMPED accounts are case sensitive. Also, make sure that you type your password correctly.
- 3. What are the system requirements for Shaiya?
- 4. When I try to play, the Launcher gives me the error: “Cannot connect to server 12029c37”.
This connection issue is due to an old or cached IP address. Reset your IP address by:
1. In XP: Click Start and choose Run. Type “CMD” in press ENTER / In Vista: Click Windows, type “CMD in the search box and press ENTER.
2. In the command shell (looks like DOS) type: ipconfig /flushdns
3. Press ENTER
4. Close the command window.
5. You can also try disabling your network connection and re-enabling it in Windows. If you have an external router, try power-cycling it. Then start Shaiya.
- 5. Why do I get the error “Download Failed: Cannot read file. c25” when I try to play Shaiya?
This connection issue is usually due to firewall or anti-virus software. Try toggling your firewalls (if they’re on, turn them off. If they’re off turn them on) and try these steps:
1. If you have Windows Firewall enabled, set it to the exception list and allow Shaiya to run.
2. If you are on Windows Vista or 7, make sure that it will allow Shaiya to run.
3. If you have any firewall or anti-virus programs (ZoneAlarm, McAfee, Symantec, etc) make sure that they are not blocking Shaiya from accessing the internet.
4. If you are routing through a home network or a business, make sure that the network is not blocking Shaiya or cross-network access.
5. If you are on Windows Vista 64 or 7 64 (64-bit, not 32-bit) you may be encountering an incompatibility issue with Shaiya. Regarding the incompatibility with 64-bit machines, try to ask for assistance regarding your specific issue.
- 6. I try to play Shaiya, but my computer keeps restarting. Any suggestions?
When any program repeatedly shuts down your computer, Windows is encountering a conflict. In Windows XP, the default setting for fatal error is to reboot automatically. To change the recovery settings and disable automatic rebooting:
1. Right click on My Computer, and the click Properties.
2. Click the Advance tab.
3. Under Startup and Recovery, click settings to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box.
4. Clear the Automatically restart the check box, and click OK the necessary number of times.
5. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect. Restart your computer for the settings to take effect. You still have to sort out what's causing the problem, but at least you’ll have a starting point.
- 7. I am having trouble regarding GameGuard. What should I do?
- There may be some issues you may encounter with GameGuard. Try to do some of the suggestions posted here.